MOC Control Law Needs Action by You!
AAPS – FLA Chapter Secures Bill Sponsorship
Call and email Legislators today!
AAPS- FLA Chapter: “Protecting Freedom and Choice in the Practice of Medicine”
|Maintenance of Certification bill provides needed relief for physicians.Finally, legislators are taking notice of the abuse of MOC in Florida and proposing laws to stop it. Representative Dr. Julio Gonzalez (Venice) and Senator Jeff Brandes (Pinellas County) have each sponsored legislation to help doctors and the patients they serve. The bill in the House is HB 723 and the Senate Bill number is pending. The efforts of the AAPS Florida chapter brought these bills to fruition.
The MOC control bill would do the following:
1. Prohibit MOC for Florida Medical License
2. Prohibit mandatory MOC participation for membership on hospital medical staff.
3. Prohibit mandatory MOC participation as condition to be included in Insurance physician panel.
Passing these bills in Florida’s House and Senate will require significant physician participation.
David McKalip, M.D.
President, Florida Chapter, AAPS
Physician Action Steps
1. Call Representative Dr. Julio Gonzalez and Senator Jeff Brandes today to thank for their Sponsorship of the MOC Control bill.
(850) 717-5074 (Representative Gonzalez)
(850) 487-5024 (Senator Brandes)
2. Find your District Representative and Senator and email or call them today to ask them to support HB723 and Senate Bill (number pending).
3. Contact your county and specialty societies and the FMA and ask them to help pass the MOC control bills.
If you appreciate the work that the Florida Chapter of AAPS has put into gaining sponsorship for the MOC Control bills, please join AAPS today! Learn more about the Florida AAPS chapter at FLAAPS.ORG.