1. (02/12/18) Click here to email House and Senate leaders to schedule hearings and a vote to Stop MOC (HB81/SB 628)
3. Senators to visit in their District Offices (near your home!). Senator Dana D. Young (R), Senator Kathleen Passidomo (R); Senator Lizbeth Benacquisto (R); Senator Lauren Book (D); Senator Dorothy L. Hukill (R); Senator Travis Hutson (R); Senator Bill Montford (D); Senator Bobby Powell (D); Senator Anitere Flores (R); Senator Greg Steube (R); Senator Randolph Bracy (D); Senator Rob Bradley (R); Senator Oscar Braynon II (D); Senator Doug Broxson (R); Senator George B. Gainer (R); Senator Rene Garcia (R); Senator Denise Grimsley (R); Senator Annette Taddeo (D); Senator Perry E. Thurston, Jr. (D); Senator Jeff Brandes (R); Senator Bill Galvano (R); Senator Tom Lee (R); Senator Jose Javier Rodriguez (D); Senator Wilton Simpson (R);
Ask them to support SB 628 (Grimsley/Steube) to ban mandated MOC in Florida. Read the MOC newsletter to update you on the issues relating to MOC.
Please contact Dr. McKalip at 727-822-3500 or email@example.com to learn how to schedule and what to say when you visit them near your home in the district office.
How to be a Soldier in the Anti-MOC Fight
So what now? You’ve decided to join the fight, rather than just sitting there and taking it. You’ve decided that you want to pitch in to help save the profession , rather than just hoping that others will do it for you. You have decided that the FMA won’t save you from MOC—they actually are working to preserve it!
Since you have decided to fight, here is what you can do.
1. Sign up to go to Tallahassee and meet legislators to get them to pass HB81/SB628 and the Senate companion we will work to get.
2. Go to a district office of your senator or representative. Ask them to help pass HB81/SB628 and/or to get a companion bill in the senate.
3. Call and email state reps and senators when votes are pending to remind them how to vote!
4. Call your specialty society and insist that they do not compromise on HB81/SB628
The Florida AAPS chapter will help. We will..
· Schedule visits for you if you agree to go to Tallahassee.
· Provide single page talking point sheets and leave behind literature.
· Help train you on successful interaction with legislators and effective committee testimony techniques.
· Help you find the key contacts in your specialty society so you can get them working for you.
· Ensure your donations are well spent to further the fight to stop mandatory MOC in Florida.
You can testify in committee if you want, but the dates and times are usually not announced until several days ahead. Thus, we will ask you to commit to visiting legislators before committee meetings to ensure they will vote properly and then we will have people to testify on your behalf at committee. Of course, we would welcome your testimony at any committee.
If you want to volunteer , please email Chapter President Dr. David McKalip at firstname.lastname@example.org